Thursday, November 20, 2008

In Flames

Have you ever heard of Gothenburg, Sweden? Well until around 1994 neither had anyone else. In Flames comes from this, the second largest city in Sweden and has been touring the world for quite some time now. They are veterans of melodic death metal, and have been a big influence for many of the bands that are brave enough to call themselves part of the genre. While these guys are a pretty big deal, I have just recently heard of them. My buddy Matt, an In Flames fan, saw that they were coming, so naturally I said “Let’s Go!” We hit the venue as the set was being changed, and when they hit the stage, the crowd went absolutely crazy. I always love going to a show where there are so many people that are in love with the band and know every word. It really creates an awesome atmosphere that I have always been a big fan of. It’s like when you go to a bands first headlining tour, and their support are all little known acts, so when the openers are playing, there is little to no crowd chemistry, but once the headliner hits the stage the entire venue erupts. I guess it’s kinda like that. Anyway, the show was excellent, got a little footage below for your viewing pleasure. Check it, and throw me comment if you’re diggin it.


In Flames from Aaron Nicholls on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! definitely one of the top 3 shows ive seen!

Aaron Nicholls said...

Ya, for sure man. I would say it's in the top 65 for me... easily.