Thursday, November 13, 2008

Against Me!

My attendance at this show can be attributed to my friend Chris. I was planning on going to see Conor Oberst that night, and Chris says” Sure dude go see Conor but I’m tellin you, you are missing out with Ted Leo and Against Me!” Well, I’d like to say Thank you very much Chris. This show was amazing. I can’t believe I hadn’t been into either of these bands before. Great vocals, great lighting, I also enjoyed their backline as it was uncluttered. Check the vid! I found it very, (uh oh, gotta bust an art school term) aesthetically pleasing. (Boom!) The show blew my mind, and their albums are continuing to do so afterward. Watch the video, download the CD, got to a show, but whatever you do, get these guys in your ears. My favorite thing about Against Me! was their relentlessness. I can’t remember a time where they stopped playing for more than 6 seconds during the entire hour and a half set. It was pure insanity… pure rebellious insanity. Thanks again Chris.


Against Me! from Aaron Nicholls on Vimeo.

2 comments:

AlllisonM said...

I can't believe you hadn't heard of Against Me! before. I love love that band. Disappointed that I wasn't invited...lol

You better have caught a drumstick or guitar pick or something! I've come to expect that from you when you go to concerts.

Aaron Nicholls said...

I have 5 picks, I'll get you one.