Thursday, November 13, 2008

Devin the Dude

What can I say about Devin? Well, first would be that if you don’t know who I am talking about, what you don’t know, is that you DO know who I am talking about. You may remember him from Dr. Dre’s 2001 album that dropped back in ’99, where he was featured on the track “Fuck You” along with Snoop Dogg. Devin has been on the scene for quite a while, playing to sell out underground crowds across the country, and I was fortunate enough to catch him when he hit Portland. The show was at Berbati’s and it was All Ages, or else you wouldn’t be reading this right now. (December 18th can’t come soon enough!) He had about 2 or 3 hundred guys on the stage with him, you can check the video, and each of them had something to say. You know at a show like this that most everyone is fairly “in the loop” when it comes to underground hip-hop/rap. Either that, or has a friend that is, in the case of my friend Jannette that came along with me. So everyone was pretty savvy as far as west coast rap concert etiquette goes, and also everyone was blazed out of their mind. Devin was awesome; his friends were alright… all six hundred and thirty of them. All in All, great show.

-I Miss you Easy-

Devin the Dude from Aaron Nicholls on Vimeo.

No comments: