Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cradle of Filth

I really just want to put this show behind me, so let’s make this quick. I showed up in between sets, just before Cradle of Filth was ready to start. I often plan to arrive right around this time for shows like this because the headliner is going to be bad enough; might as well save myself the pain and skip the openers. The Roseland was the setting for this blackened mob, all decked out in their Children of Bodom T-shirts and studded belts. My buddy Matt and I had been getting mentally prepared on our walk from my downtown apartment and going in, I was pretty pumped to get hit in the face by a Goth kid. Unfortunately upon rising up into the Roseland floor, I found myself standing in a nearly empty auditorium. The worst thing about a small turn out at a metal show is the direct effect it has on the pit. Naturally. Needless to say the pit sucked and the music was worse. That’s the short and sweet. Check the vid.


Cradle of Filth from Aaron Nicholls on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Sundrop12 said...

Cradle of Bullshit> that band sucks

Aaron Nicholls said...

Agreed, but it wasn't a total waste. Interesting experience. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

perfect description dude, this was a horrible show. you did forget to mention how fucking uptight all the kids that werent in the pit were... seriously this was a metal show and no one wanted to throw-down, the fans were just as lame band...

Aaron Nicholls said...

In fact I think the band kicked the shit out of the fans. Just have to look forward to As Blood Runs Black on March 26th. Stoked!