Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chiodos

The first time I saw Chiodos they were opening for 30 Seconds to Mars. This was back when few knew who they were and Jared Leto was still cool. In fact, Craig Owens, Chiodos front man, walked out the front door of the Wonder Ballroom shortly after the show and not a single person knew who he was. My friend Aimee, who had been listening to Chiodos for a while and was actually at the show for them rather than 30 Seconds to Mars recognized him immediately and confronted him. He seemed taken aback that he was being recognized, what with being in the shadow of Jared Leto and his brother during this tour. We talked to him for a few minutes and he seemed pretty excited as he walked away. Now, Chiodos has become almost superstars. They aren’t playing sold out arenas but I couldn’t believe how many Chiodos shirts I saw at a show with Silverstein in the lineup. I figured that there would certainly be more of their fans present as opposed to Chiodos fans. Anyway, if you take a look at the video I have embedded below, you will see how big shot Chiodos thinks they have become, dramatic lighting and all. The show was great by the way; they played nearly every song they had. Silverstien killed it as well. I have only recently become a fan of their music, but they certainly had a large fan base in attendance. I had fun, and that’s all that matters.


Chiodos from Aaron Nicholls on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

correction, Jared Leto is still cool.