Monday, October 13, 2008

Flogging Molly

Flogging Molly sold out 2 weeks before they arrived at the Roseland Theater on October 11th in good ol’ Portland Oregon. Luckily enough I was able to get my buddy Scotty Burk and I in the door last minute. For some reason the capacity crowd of the Roseland always seems to impress me; I think it might be because of the energy that Portland seems to bring to live music as opposed to the sheer numbers that may seem weak to other venues around the country. I have never been a big fan of Flogging Molly’s records, but their live show certainly entertained me. I think I can speak for Scott and me both when I say that these Irish musicians gave the crowd their monies worth. They had a sizable pit, and the guys in the pit were sizable themselves. I don’t understand why their shirts had to come off but with the amount of 300lb guys that were running around with no shirts on sweating their asses off, I found myself in the middle of it for a very short period of time. There was a kid there wearing a kilt, and apparently he had been in attendance last time Flogging Molly graced the Pacific Northwest and Dave King, Flogging Molly’s front man, recognized him and invited him on stage for their final song. I have some video of Connor in all of his glory that will be up soon. The seven piece band drew a crowd and as they left I heard nothing but praises, overall I would say their show was great and I wouldn’t hesitate to see them again.

Flogging Molly from Aaron Nicholls on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great show and the site is looking great man! keep up the good work!