Friday, October 10, 2008

Gogol Bordello

I work at a gym, and we open at 5:30am. On Wednesday s the Willamette Week is delivered and I often stop and talk with the guy that delivers them about upcoming shows and what not. A few weeks back he asked me if I was going to see Gogol Bordello, and I told him I had no idea who they were. He said “Dude! You have got to go check these guys out.” I followed his advice. My friend Sarah and I went in knowing very little about this band, we knew only their genre… Gypsy Rock?!?! Well, we figured out what that meant right away. These guys were crazy. They had the entire place, which was packed, moving to the sounds of violin, harmonica, accordion, and guitar. I enjoyed the music, which to be honest I didn’t expect, but their show was awesome. The guy on the violin had to be 90 years old. I would recommend checking Gogol Bordello out if you get the chance. I can almost guarantee you will have fun at their live show. Check out the video below and you might get a picture of what I am talking about.


Gogol Bordello from Aaron Nicholls on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks pretty sweet.
Reminds me of "Man Man"

Gates said...

Yup, this Blaine Nicholls stole my comment again.
These guys are exactly like "Man Man" with the absence of masks

Brian said...

i'm sooo jealous!