Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bayside

I am a Bayside fan. I have seen them twice before this show. Okay, now that I have those 2 statements on the table, this was the worst show I have ever been to. I arrived with my friend Camden as The Matches were performing. I was not impressed. Then came the headliner, Bayside, the band I had come to see. First off, they messed up the sound check. I didn’t hear anyone check the center stage mic, which is something I normally think nothing of, but once they came out I immediately noticed that the vocals were low. We could barely hear the guy. Watch the video; you’ll know what I’m talking about. Unfortunately they did not fix the problem. Then, that red lighting that you see in the video below, was the sole lighting sequence for the entirety of the show, also normally not something I think too much of, but when I returned home and watched all of the video I took, I noticed it right off. Thirdly, the newest Bayside release Shudder, was nothing spectacular. I feel like it was the same shit we have been hearing from Bayside for years with slightly new lyrics. I was disappointed, and this disappointment was just further realized when attending their show. Like I said, I am a Bayside fan, but this show fell short.


Bayside from Aaron Nicholls on Vimeo.

No comments: