Thursday, September 25, 2008

August Burns Red

If you are into brutal, if you like metal, if you understand that heavy has nothing to do with lbs, it’s quite possible that you are, or were at one time a fan of August Burns Red. Was that enough commas for you? If not, read my previous posts as they are littered with commas, often used incorrectly. So, August Burns Red came back to town last night and boy what a show. Did I just use “boy” in describing a metal show? Opps. These guys are awesome. The show was at The Hawthorne Theatre. I had a great time, and got a lot of great footage, you can check some of it out below. I arrived just before the band Sky Eats Airplane was scheduled to start, and they were pretty good as well. I had never heard of them but their live performance caught my attention and I downloaded their album upon arriving home. August Burns Red is a group of very talented musicians, and if you don’t like metal I’m sure you disagree, but I’m telling you they are outstanding. I got a pick from guitarist JB which I was pretty excited about. Overall the show was pretty brutal, check out the video and you’ll see what I’m talking about.


August Burns Red from Aaron Nicholls on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Gates said...

WOW! Amazing video, you should defiantly let the band's hands get on the footage.